Pages

Photobucket

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Author Interview with Naomi Chapman

Naomi Chapman was born and raised in Ohio. She is a single parent of a young son. Her son is very active in sports. She enjoys watching in participate. She works at a hotel and attends college part time working towards getting an Associates of Arts Degree. She loves to run.


[Anne] Thank you for joining us today, Naomi. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

[Naomi]I was writing short stories in grade school. My family encouraged me to keep writing. So writing has been a part of my life since I was young. It's something that I have always loved to do.

[Anne] Tell us about your latest book.

[Naomi] It is a thriller titled Criminal Company. When Holly Andrews gets a job working for the Griffins she has no idea what she is in for. There are so many secrets and lies. After meeting Eli Griffin, the son, she thinks he is the sexiest man alive. She has no idea what kind of illegal activities he is involved with. Then there is Natalie Griffin who only cares about money and what she can get. She gets a man named Wes to help steal money from her parents, but Eli finds out. Just as Eli and his friends are about to kill her, Wes comes in with a gun pointed at Holly’s head.

[Anne] What inspired you to write this story?

[Naomi] A dream.

[Anne] Do you have anything new in the works?

[Naomi] I'm always working on something new. I write every day. I just signed a contract for my sixth book, a thriller titled Deadly Dance. I should be out at the end of this year or early 2011.

[Anne] What type of books do you like to read when you’re not writing?

[Naomi] I love to read books by Nicholas Sparks. He is my favorite author.

[Anne] Name three things you can’t live without (excluding spouses and family because that’s a given).

[Naomi] My cell phone, paper, and a pen.

[Anne] What advice would you give to any aspiring writers out there?

[Naomi] Write, read, network, and promote. Talk to as many authors as you can. You can learn a lot from talking to authors.

[Anne] Where can we find you on the web?

[Naomi] Myspace, facebook, www.freewebs.com/nlc7, www.wingsepress.com, www.publishamerica.com.

[Anne] Where can we purchase your books?

[Naomi] Any online bookstore, www.wingsepress.com, www.publishamerica.com, or request any title at a local booksotre.

[Anne] Is there anything else you’d like to add?

[Naomi] The titles of my books are Wallet of Death, The Digby Lake Killer, Secret Past, Bathroom Strangler, and Criminal Company.

0 comments:

The Breast Cancer Site