Pages

Photobucket

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Creative Writer" Blogger Award


I want to thank Diane Craver for giving me the “Creative Writer Blogger Award.”

Here are the rules: I tell either six truths and one lie, or six lies and one truth about myself, and you get to figure out which, and leave a fun or silly comment. Feel free to try to figure out which is which!! Everyone is offering a prize, so I will, too:

One person who comments on this post between now and Sunday will get the eBook of their choice from my list of releases. The drawing will be Sunday afternoon, and I’ll come back and post the winners name on this posting.

First, let me nominate seven other authors for this honor:

* Cathy Bryant
* Danielle Thorne
* Larry Hammersley
* Laurean Brooks
* Susan Whitfield
* Ginger Simpson
* Shawna Williams

Now on to my truths and lies:

I hardly ever got into trouble as a kid. (LOL, Okay, I couldn’t even write that with a straight face…we’ll skip that one).

1. My first job, was working in a Dairy Queen.

2. As a kid, I wanted to be a cop.

3. I was a middle child with two sisters.

4. The first rock concert I went to was Black Sabbath.

5. My day job is working as an administrative assistant.

6. My absolute favorite foods are Black Peppered Pork with Fried Rice, and Pepperoni & Mushroom Pizza.

7. As a teenager, during the summers, I helped out in a pit crew at our local race track where I got to meet Rusty Wallace and Mark Martin when they were just getting started.

10 comments:

Susan Whitfield said...

Anne, thanks for the award. I'm going right over to add it to www.susanwhitfield.blogspot.com and I'm looking forward to having you come back and talk about the new book on May 24th.

Alicia Jennings said...

I don't believe you've ever worked at a Dairy Queen.

Unknown said...

ANNE--I don't think you worked with a pit crew! Celia

DanielleThorne said...

I think they are all truths, with one lie. I'm going to have to go with the middle child with two sisters. It was a toss up between that and Dairy Queen. Hmm...you ARE a good liar, Anne! haha

Gail Pallotta said...

I think their all truths with one lie. I'm going with working in the pit at the race track as the lie.

Rebecca J Vickery said...

Hi Anne,
You are truly a "creative" writer. LOL I can't decide which one is the lie. But guessing, I would say it is #3 or #7. I seem to remember a brother in there some where and I don't see you as the pit crew type. LOL Narrowing it down, I'm going with #3 as the lie and I'm probably waaay off. LOL

Cathy Bryant said...

Thanks so much for this fun award, Anne! I'm going to throw my guess in as 6 truths and 1 lie. Did you really work in a pit crew? Hmm...I'm going to say yes you did, and head for number three as the lie. =)

Anonymous said...

I'm going to say you never met Rusty Wallace in the pit crew. If you did, you must post on it! :D

marcusdweston said...

I'm pretty sure #3 is a lie, Anne. I seem to remember you mentioning a brother in one of your posts. You are a convincing liar though *snicker*.

Anne Patrick said...

Boy are you all in for a surprise *grin*.

I have a special post planned for Sunday, so be sure to drop back by.

The Breast Cancer Site