Pages

Photobucket

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Welcome Friends

Hello Friends, welcome to Suspense by Anne. I hope you enjoy your visit! First on the agenda, I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Anne Patrick, and I’m an author.

Born and raised in Oklahoma, I now make my home in Kansas. When I'm not fulfilling my passion for writing, I enjoy spending time with family and friends. Active in the church, I've had the awesome privilege of traveling out of the country on short-term mission trips every two years. My favorite to date being El Salvador.


Most of my writing consists of Christian Romantic Suspense, having been influenced by authors such as: Iris Johansen, Sue Grafton and Dee Henderson. My heroines are usually strong willed, witty, and often very opinionated, which usually gets them into some precarious situations. A suspense junkie myself, my ultimate goal in every story is to have the reader so engrossed they don't want to put the book down until the end.

It's hard for me to pinpoint the age when I first dreamed of being a writer. Even as a young child I had a very vivid imagination. I would often share the stories weaved in my head with friends and family. Many of which, thought I was crazy. Later, encouraged by my mother, I began to write the stories down. What a journey it’s been.


My favorite part of writing is when the characters begin to take on a life of their own. Beginning with a brief draft of the way I think the story will play out, often times, I find myself going in a direction I hadn't planned. I've learned through the years to let them take the reins, and just go along for the ride.As with any writer, you draw on the personal experiences in your life, in the creation of your characters, and sometimes the story itself. Situations you've been faced with, difficult times you've journeyed through. They're all building blocks used in the formation of unique and priceless pieces of art, crafted by our Master Potter.

One of the most important lessons the Lord has taught me in my Christian journey is that, if He brings me to it, He will bring me through it. Just like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, in the third chapter of Daniel, we are able to live in the fire when the Son of God walks with us in the midst of the flames!

0 comments:

The Breast Cancer Site